Tuesday 1 January 2008

"...and the mileometer of life clicked back to zero"

The term manifesto... Not really. Can't take myself as seriously as some.

I played all last year and only lost a grand. And this was a success, at least I considered it so. Previous years had seen me run a reasonable bankroll up to the heady heights only to be dashed upon the rocks of idiocracy. Playing above your bankroll is like being Icarus - you soar higher then ever before but gravity is the ultimate rake.

I set myself a limit - £1000 to last the year, and if I fuck it all by febuary then I won’t play until January. It also kept my wonderful fiance silent, and soothed my inherent tightness. So obviously by December I was out of cash and not playing for the last couple of days of the year, but once New Years rolled by and the mileometer of life clicked back to zero, I'm back to playing again.

So, another day another dollar, or $2000 to be precise. And with it a new idea - before I’d just written my results as numbers in a diary; now I’ll write them in a blog. The first step is to decide where I’d play, and how. Tournements are my first love, and will continue to be for the next 12 months. Live is better than online, if not for structure then for sociability.

Starting Bankroll; £1000

No comments: