Thursday 31 January 2008

£40 NLH Tournement at The Fullhouse, Reigate

Back in Reigate, back in the Full House, back playing bad.

First level I fold through the blinds, limp the button with A8h, flop the ace and take the blinds. Why not raise?

Second small blind I limp with five others with Qh10, flop comes Qxx two hearts, I bet 300 into the 350, get one call, turn comes a 7, I bet 650, same player - asian guy who was pretty weak agro - calls. River a queen, I check, he bets 750, I min raise, he calls. He has QJ.

All this time the guy to my right hasn't turned up, so he has to post a BB every round, which acts like an ante.

Next level. Down to 5000, limp too much with junk, down to 4000. Win a couple small pots; a guy keeps limping every hand, min betting 4 flushing flops, winning a ton of chips with junk, hitting flushes on two rivers, straights on the river. When he doesn't have the flush he has a better top pair then the other guy. I re-raise him with top pair a couple of times, and both times he folds.

Blinds goes up to 100-200; I raise the button to 1k with 57h; small blind call. He's pretty tight, so don't wanna see the ace. K910 board I bet 1.5k with 2k left behind, he folds showing the AQ, I show the bluff. Two hands later, last hand before the break, I make the same raise with AdQs in mid position, the two players directly to my left both call. Flop comes 3c4d5d - I check, guy to my left bets 2k, tight guy flat calls, after thirty seconds. First mistake - I call. Turn comes a Jh, I check, scared guy pushes for 700, tight guy calls, I call. River comes the 7d, worst card in the deck. Tight guy bets 2500 I fold. Weak guy shows A6c for straight, tight guy shows KQd for flush. I'm left with 2400.

I'm pretty sure I'm ahead pre flop. Flop doesn't hit many hands that call a 5bb bet preflop, and neither caller limp called. The 2k raiser could have 7's through 9's, straight draw, or flopped the wheel (which is pretty unlikely), or two diamonds. However, he looks super scared when he raises, and leave himself 700 behind, which makes no sense for a big made hand. When tight guy calls I put him on the flush draw; no reraise which he's done with made hands. He could have an ace high like me due to the previous hand, or two big diamonds - no raise so no pair/set etc. Unfortunetly, I'm pretty sure I'm winning, but don't have enough chips to reraise and get a better hand to fold. On the turn I can't fold for 700, still might have best hand, have minimum 8 outs. So 700 into 11300 makes sense. Also, if it comes a blank I'm pretty sure the tight guy will check. The fold on the river is fine; I can't beat anything but a bluff, and the tight guy isn't bluffing.

I might have been winning on the flop and turn, but folding the flop was still the right play. I could continuation bet, but will still get called on any bet less than an all in, and am not willing to push on such a draw heavy board.

The first hand after the break, I'm UTG+1 with A7s, push, get called by 44 in the big blind and lose the race. Not great.

I didn't play great, but my reads were better than the last tourney, though my plays were worse. So as a punishment I'm not playing the 10k gtd on saturday, but might play the main event at the Soveriegn on sunday, depends how I feel.

Bankroll £2185

No comments: