Friday 1 February 2008

$17500 GTD Tournement, Full Tilt Poker

I've hated Full Tilt ever since I borrowed a PC and started playing on 'Stars. The structure looks good, but 10 minute blind levels really negate that. Also, the play on Full Tilt is much weaker, and I find it difficult to drop to the right level of thinking. The problem is that I'm stuck on a Mac that won't run 'Stars, so FTP is the only way I get to play online for the moment. The $17500 GTD has two things going for it - double stacks and a decent start time, so I'll play it tonight.

Play was bad all the way through. Got to be chip leader with fifty left, then was all over the shop - alot of repushing all in, alot of bad play. One interesting hand stuck out - Blinds 8k/16, I have 200k, raised in the hijack with 109off to 40k, BB calls, flop Q98 rainbow. BB bets 32k, I raise to 90k he times down and calls. Turn Kd, putting two diamonds up, check check. River 7h, he pushes. I time down and fold. Can't put him on a hand, maybe an eight, but the only flop based draw gets there on the turn and the river, so probably a solid fold.

End up finishing 11th, all in with Q9 off vs J9h - fifth time the player called me all in with the worse hand, he ended up hitting runner runner for the flush. Won $255, but should have won at least $1k. Fucking FTP.

No comments: