Sunday 3 February 2008

£50 Semi-Freeze Out at The Full House, Reigate

Back at the fullhouse; I'm spending so much time here that they're gonna ask me for a security deposit and a months rent up front. As I said, Soveriegn has the £100 main event tonight, so I didn't expect to many runners, but we got twenty four, which shows how popular the place is. I would have played at Soveriegn tonight, but I wanted to spend time with the fiance today and the tourney kicked off at 4, so no dice.

Jesus, they've gotta sort the music out; at one point I figured I was stuck in a Trevor Nelson'S Rhythm Nation broadcast - any moment the fella with the cane from Boyz II Men was gonna come in and talke all suductive. Alas he didn't. I think they're missing a trick - if they're gonna be all 99 Jams, they need to be 100% 99 Jams.

I started badly; limped in UTG with 67o, got raised to 250 by the sb, and called. Flop came qsjsx, he checked I bet 650, he raised all in. I fold. Fold my way down to 3500, up to 4500, down to 4000 when we hit the next level. UTG I raise with KQo, little loose for me, but figured folding every other hand might give me some nit vig. A bad player, nice guy, but very inexperienced, who's just rebought raised to 1000, folds to me I flat call. Flop comes QJx rainbow, I check, the bad player bets 1000, I check raise all in for 1900 more. He thinks then calls, showing AK and blanks out. I'm up to 8000.

Normally I wouldn't call the reraise, but two things made me; 1) The guy wasn't the most competent player, and I figured he'd let me know where he was on the flop. 2) He'd already rebrought, so I didn't think he'd be able to call an all in for me without a big hand. How wrong I was.

Next hand I'm In the big blind with 85o, semi-tight student raises to 350, cut off calls, I call. Flop comes KQ5 rainbow, student bets 700, cut off folds. I reckon he's on the take, so I raise to 1700. He thinks for three minutes, before pushing. He feels weak, not getting any stronger the longer I take, so I call, and he shows KJ. 8 on the turn, blank river and I'm up to 12000.

Next hand I'm in the SB with QQ. Three limpers, I raise to 700, BB raises to 1700, limpers fold. Normally here I'd raise, but figured I'm not pushing out the ace, nor do I want to, so willing to flat call and see if I get a nice flop. Flop comes three babies with two hearts. I check, BB pushes for 2500, I call, he shows AcKs. Blank blank and I'm up to 18k.

And that's as good as it got. Three big hands, then a lot of small looses. Eventually I blind my way down to 15k, then call a few to many raises with junk, call a little trying to hit sets, and one bad bluff. Second trap check of the night and I fall for it - I keep trying to pull the spook moves, keep failing. Live I think I'd do better if I took the naked bluff out at the begining/middle stages. The guy showed bottom pair, but pretty sure he had paired his ace too.

This guy - he deals here too, name's Dan - is pretty strong. He made some decent plays throughout, before knocking me out. Blinds 300/600, I limp UTG with 910o, so do five others. Flop comes 10d7d6h, BB checks, I bet 4000 out of my 7200 stack. Dan takes three minutes, nearly folding, before calling with Kd8d. Turns 5h, river 4c. Like I'm in Jurrasic Park I worry about the raptor in front of me only to get fucked by the secret second raptor. Meh.

He ummed about the play, but I like it - he's gotta assume I've got the ten, but even so he's got 12 outs if I don't have K10, 15 otherwise. 15 outs twice makes it a solid push, and he can't be hurt by my stack. I like my play a whole lot less - I've started limping to much without the required stack. I'm gonna stop with it, more raising or folding.

All in all, not a bad beat, out on a coinflip. But at least I was only in for £50.

Bankroll - £2135.

No comments: